This Site Assessment Program provides standards, evaluation, and certification that promote best practices among personnel, equipment, and policies and procedures of medical imaging facilities. Over 29,000 facilities have participated in this program with over 89,000 quality assessed imaging devices.
DiagnosticSite evaluates the following imaging systems:
Low-Tech Diagnostic Imaging
- Largest database of diagnostic imaging equipment in the U.S., offering quality and safety to over 6.5 million Americans (patients of participating payers).
- Standards include full spectrum of imaging modalities and all clinical settings.
- Ability to pay for DiagnosticSite through the quality bucket under the Medical Loss Ratio (MLR) regulations.
- Improved imaging quality produces the most consistent, efficient path to a correct diagnosis and treatment.
- Reduced radiation exposure to patients and health care personnel.
DiagnosticSite promotes the creation of an imaging network that promotes quality and patient safety through the use of facility ranking. The DiagnosticSite assessment is administered as an online survey for imaging facilities with on-site and desktop audits to verify compliance. Successful completion of the assessment results in a certified location. Visit our directory to find a certified facility.
Standards and Benchmarking
National standards and benchmarking are established through ongoing partnerships with providers, public policymakers, regulators, academic institutions, other key stakeholders, and through guidance and peer-review from DiagnosticSite’s Advisory and Standards Committee.
The assessment consists of four online modules:
On-site and desktop audits ensure the integrity of DiagnosticSite certification by validating the accuracy of reported information and ensuring standards are carried out in day-to-day clinical practices. Audits are also an opportunity for facilities to receive expert guidance in corrective action (as needed) and continuous improvement in such areas as radiation safety, quality clinical practices, and imaging protocols.
HealthHelp evaluates completed assessments and certifies those meeting DiagnosticSite quality and safety standards. Facilities that do not initially earn certification have an opportunity to improve and re-apply within 90 days. Certification requires that imaging providers update and re-submit the online assessment prior to expiration to ensure equipment is functioning properly and the technologists administering the tests are appropriately certified.
- Registered facilities, please login here to continue or update your assessment.
- If you do not have a login, please register here to enroll your imaging locations online.
- We are pleased to invite you to our Site Certification Webinar. Please click here for more information.
Payers and Networks
Payers or Networks that use the DiagnosticSite standards and certification process and succeed in having a majority (70%) of their participating facilities meet the requirements qualify for Site Network Certification. An additional level of certification – “with distinction” – awarded when 90% of participating facilities meet the requirements.